View Single Post
Old
11-25-2013, 07:43 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The Habs went out and drafted a player that has the potential to fight, bang bodies, be intimidating on the cycle and forecheck, and also put in the dirty goals. Mantha is a pure goal scorer.. which we have an abundance of goal scoring and offensive talent in the system with Lehkonen, Reway, Andrighetto, Collberg, Hudon etc. We needed to get some players with some different complexions to their game in order to build a line-up that has a bit of everything.

McCarron and De La Rose were selections to bring a full complement of skills to the team. Lehkonen is showing to be a legit goal scorer and is doing it against men, something Mantha has yet to do.

We'll talk about it in 5 years. I remember the Perron vs. Pacioretty debate.. I remember the flak I got for saying Esposito wouldn't be in the league at 22.
As much as McCarron was a need, you know what else is a need? A stud 1st line goal scoring winger. In case you haven't noticed, our offense is our biggest weakness.

And there is NOONE in the system who fits Manthas profile. And he does score the dirty goals. Go watch his two goals against Russia last week.