View Single Post
Old
11-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
As much as McCarron was a need, you know what else is a need? A stud 1st line goal scoring winger. In case you haven't noticed, our offense is our biggest weakness.

And there is NOONE in the system who fits Manthas profile. And he does score the dirty goals. Go watch his two goals against Russia last week.
That's true. Every potential scoring project in this team is pretty small and not that physical. Though, I have no problem with Collberg's size....and you hope that a De la Rose for example would improve his scoring touch. The rest of them.....in Hamilton, our biggest real offensive threats are Andrighetto and Thomas. The rest it's Reway, Lekhonen and Bozon...who else? Grégoire could surprise and be a Bournival. I don't see Hudon being top 6. The rest is for the bottom 6.

At that spot, if Mantha would have been available, for me, it was a no-brainer. You pick him....and you work with him. There is some possibility that he ends up being a Keven Veilleux....but maybe not. But there is some possibility that Big Mac doesn't flourish either. As great as last year's draft was, end of 1st...there are questions marks. I'd take a big real pure threat scoring forward any day of the week.