View Single Post
Old
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
"Now" that he's tearing up the Q? He tore up the q last year too..this is not a shock that he's producing in his final junior season as a 19-year-old.

Mantha still doesn't score goals in the dirty areas very often. An impressive super series game playing on a line with a junior superstar against teenage Russian defenders is a far cry from the NHL.

Time will tell how well he fares in the NHL. but it's a moot point. He was picked before the Habs selected, so it is irrelevant.
It's not just an impressive Super Series, it's been impressive stretch of nearly 2 years.

And while he was picked before the habs, we should have traded up. We had the firepower and we missed out on the strength of the draft. (Assuming Zykov fell for a reason)

Who knows what it would have cost, but I'm sure moving up 7 spots wouldn't have cost us much more than 25 and 36. Even if we had to add a 3rd rounder it still would have been worth it, and we still would have had extra picks...

It's not that I don't like McCarron, and that I don't hope he succeeds, I just strongly felt he wasn't worth a 1st rounder.