View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Don Draper

vCash: 500
I find it a little sad how people think we would be better off without Martin. I mean, i can understand people not being a big fan of the system, but it works, and makes for good hockey when the players are going. If you look at our team, you simply cant say its coincidence that our team turned around when he arrived. Not only that, but when we have had the players, we have done well. We havent won a cup in the last 7 years, agreed, but how many times did we have the top team in any of those years? I would say once, being last year, the year we were one goal from going. Not to mention the teams success, but you cant just say its coincidence that our draft picks just happened to turn into real players til Martin got here. Think of all the players that have come up through our system, and you simply cant say that its all good drafting. Players dont turn into players without solid coaching. He may not be fiery, but he is probably a top 5 coach in this league. I am willing to ride him out til the players turn on him. As it stands now, the players have been extremely positive about Martin.