Thread: Crossfit
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2013, 09:04 AM
**** Farise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
I am not sure about the big gyms by you... but when I use to go to NYSC there personal training sessions were about $40.00 for 1 hour. So if you were to do this once a week, that would be about $160.00. Just on par with a Crossfit Monthly membership.

Except that Crossfit by me (6-7 differ ones) charge $175.00 a month, $140.00 for students and police/firemen and you get deals to have family memberships.
You just compared the price of PERSONAL training, to the price of attending a large group fitness class. And guess what? At most gyms fitness classes are free to attend with the price of the membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
Like last Monday I did 30 minutes of deadlifts.
-High Volume (nearly 300lbs) and did 7 sets of 5 reps each. I had to drop it down a bit as the sets went by
- Then I did Low volume (150lbs) 30 times in a row. I had to stop at the 15 mark cuz of fatigue for a few seconds. Then I stopped at the 28 marker because I saw myself losing form.

For many, this is probably enough in a day.

Me, I instead then did a Met Con to attack more of my whole body and train my body for HIIT.
I did 5 rounds of 1/4 mile run on treadmill, no rest then I did 11 pull ups. I did straight as much as I could but had to kip. Kip is fine. Its a different form of a pull up. It attacks your core much better than the straight. So mixing it is cool with me. And then 21 kettle bell swings
This is not really "Crossfit". It's strength training followed by a cardio circuit. Nothing really wrong here...a burn out set of 30 might be a little over the top, but whatever. HERE are just 2 examples (pulled straight from Crossfit) of non-sense work outs that I hate about Crossfit -

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
185 pound Deadlift, 21 reps

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
225 pound Front squat, 5 reps
Run 200 meters
11 Chest to bar pull-ups
Run 400 meters
12 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood

After already running a mile and doing 84 deadlifts @ 185lbs, you're gonna grab that 185 lb bar in an exhausted state and attempt to do ANOTHER 21 REPS of deadlifts. It's just complete and utter non-sense.

Or, after doing the first 2 rounds in that 2nd workout, you're gonna attempt 225lb FRONT squats? Probably the most core demanding move there is, in a completely fatigued state? And as fast as possible? (against the clock) DUMB