View Single Post
11-26-2013, 07:54 PM
vCash: 500
First time player here (other than a 2 year stint of instructional league from age 7-8). Joined the Never Ever League (essentially a LTP program here in Rochester) 10 weeks ago which is wrapping up tomorrow. I've definitely made a huge improvement, I feel pretty comfortable on the ice now. My biggest struggles right now are stopping with my left foot forward, slap shots, and pretty much anything to do in the neutral zone.

I've gotten into a few pick up games at skate and shoot and some scrimmages. I played my first real game last Saturday. One of the teams in the entry level league needed some skaters for a game in Batavia (halfway between Rochester and Buffalo). I knew things were going to go great during warmups when one of my shots hit the crossbar, went up and then dropped and hit me in the shoulder. The game went pretty well, didn't make big mistakes other than a terrible giveaway in my own zone. My passing wasn't perfect but most of them were pretty good. I had a couple chances to score but I put them all wide of the net. My line had a great shift in the third period where we kept it in their zone almost the whole shift. I parked in front of the goalie and could hear him yelling "WHERE'S THE PUCK". We lost the game 5-4 but we all played pretty well and had a few tell me I played really well for my first game.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote