View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
The problem with Blackburn is the Rangers organization, not his play. The Rangers have horribly mismanaged his career, and are now probably in the process of bringing in the second big name goaltender since they drafted him. Trust me, in a better situation(like the Pittburgh one for example) I think Blackburn is going to flourish. He looks like another former Ranger goalie to me, Dan Cloutier.

The Pens have seriously committed to a youth movement, sending this kid back to the juniors may have an even worse affect on his confidence than 6 goals in the NHL will.
While at first it may hurt his confidence, I'm sure having the chance to win a Memorial Cup wouldn't hurt him at all.

He can be sent down and win a Memorial Cup and then come back to Pittsburgh where next year, with another year under their belt everyone could be a bit better.

Or he could continue this year, allowing 5-6 goals a game lately. I know that If I were a goalie and every night I kept letting in 5-6 goals a game, I wouldn't be in good shape.