Thread: Beuk
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2013, 10:29 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
I met Jeff back in 81 when I was living in Newmarket Ontario . I had taken a year off of school and was working at a store in a local mall and Jeff was always in once a week for supplies. We got to talking and I found out he was playing for the Newmarket Jr Flyers....he later would move onto Major Jr .

We[my bro & I] attended a lot of games ...and harassed a lot of guys on the visiting side . I can remember one game where the other team started to climb right over the glass to get at us . LOL...if it had not been for Jeff I might be dead now . They hauled them guys off the glass and duked it out in a wild brawl . Jeff's son Brock is now playing at UPEI in the tough Atlantic University Hockey Conference this season as a Freshman . I hope to attend a few games and hopefully will be lucky enough to meet him an bump into his dad at some point . He was all class as a teenager that I do know !
Great story. Beuk was such a meat and potatoes guy. I loved watching him back there guarding his team. The guy really cared and went up against the best of them.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote