View Single Post
Old
11-27-2013, 01:19 AM
StepansLabyrinth
Rational Police

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Come on, Boston embarrassed us in the playoffs. Our chance at the finals was 11-12.

FFS, this team gets shutout once every 4 games, and can't stay above .500 for more than a few days. Yes, in our joke of a division, that doesn't prevent us from making the playoffs.
Last year we tried to play the same type of game as Boston and they were just better at it (their size is definitely impressive). This year we're playing more of a fluid game and are a better match up against a team like Boston. Like I said, I don't think we're the favorites in that series but we'd do better against Boston than any of the top 5 teams in the West. Either way, the East is up for grabs and any team that's currently 3-10 can potentially make their way to the finals should they improve before the deadline.

I'm not labeling this current Rangers team as a "cup contender". I just don't view any East team as unbeatable. Boston is the toughest match up and there's no guarantee that you would have to go through them to make it to the cup anyway.

If we can add one puckmoving RHD that can skate and one top 6 center, I like our chances.

StepansLabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote