View Single Post
Old
01-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J F M
I really think that Green will be gone by the time the Habs pick (I say around 20). Therefore the guy I'd like to see chosen is Alex Picard. This guy was the captain of Team Cherry, great wheels, always moving, and was making things happen. Anyways, all I really want is someone who can skate well.
Green's a good choice. He's one of the few who impressed me this year in the CHL along with Shremp. Plus he's a righty and even if we have Archer, O'Byrne and Korneev there, they're all long shots to develop into dependable top-4 Dmen, while I think Green has the smarts and physical abilities to do so. Also we don't have that much speed on the blueline and Green could add this dimension as well. Picard is also an interesting player if Green's gone, with maybe a shot at picking Barnes in the 2nd round as well. Seems like a rather ordinary draft outside of Ovechkin, but nonetheless there's some interesting players that could answer needs for us (if they're the BPA at the time of the pick of course as we all know this is the way to go with AS and TT).