View Single Post
Old
11-27-2013, 02:14 PM
SacredPetra

vCash: 500
I have, admittedly, experimented a bit and found a set-up that I really liked (Graf boots with the t'blades in an S-11), but was having so many quality control issues I had to change to a traditional holder, which has been a bit of a nightmare.

I spent about an hour talking with the guys at Players Bench ( who were awesome, fielded my nine- gazillion frustrated questions, and put a ton of work into my skates after they finished being annoyed at the original work) while they replaced all the rivets in the holders which was very educational. Part of the problems I'm having are just going to take getting used to as the current holders are a size smaller than the originals. They're hoping too that replacing the rivets ( which were all copper) and setting them in a little differently will give me some flex back in the sole of the boot. I'm going to see how they feel probably this afternoon and definitely on Friday, and then I'll go back and may have them profiled to help compensate for having shorter runners.

SacredPetra is offline   Reply With Quote