View Single Post
Old
11-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Coachtdoig

vCash: 500
I got a message asking about the lie of your stick so I will touch on that a little bit.

I know Jarick and a couple others have posted a little bit on it so I will try to shed some light as well.

So many things factor in like height, position, style of play and just like others have said - your personal preference and what feels good.

Being able to get as much of your blade on the ice is key for many things especially receiving passes and shooting. The longer your stick is the further you are going to be able to shoot outside your body. Changing the angle on your shots helps to shoot around defenders as well as it forces goalies to adjust their angle.

Guys like Crosby and Kyle Wellwood use short sticks but they excel in tight areas being able to keep the puck close to their body. On the flip side someone like Corey Perry plays that similar style, and is affective but uses a much longer stick, and that's not just because he's taller.

Take all of those factors into play when choosing how long of a stick you use. Determine what type of player you are and what is the most important thing. Do you want a shorter stick so you can stay low and excel in tight areas. Or, do you want a little bit longer of a stick to change the angles on your shots a little more effectively.

Hope that helps a bit.

Ciao,
TD

Coachtdoig is offline   Reply With Quote