View Single Post
Old
11-28-2013, 10:39 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea he is invisable for almost this entire season. That's pretty telling.

Appleyard I appreciate your analysis it is good to have but there is a difference just watching on the ice and looking at stats. Gs assist last night was a pass to the point of about 10 feet for example. And he is always late to his man. I've seen it blatantly about 4 times myself. He is, to put it simply, a ineffective player. That you can not argue against with Corsi scores etc
Can also make the point that he is playing with average top line forwards. Hartnell is playing as an average top 9 forward and probablly is the weakeast forward out of our top 9. Voracek, with all the love he got last season is not doing anything with or without the puck. Might want to start taking a look at him also. He has always played with a great player on his line (Nash and Giroux) and still has trouble playing consistent hockey. Giroux, as shown, is effective when playing with veteran type forwards (Jagr, Vinny).

Got to wait and see. I personally thought Giroux has looked fine to great at times the past 5-10 games. Two games ago he set Hartnell up probably 5-6 times and twice were wide open nets and he couldnt finish. Hartnell or someone else finishes and Giroux trade talk isnt brought up. His defensive play isnt great but it also isnt bad. You dont have to look at Corsi the whole time but dont solely stare at Giroux when trying to judge him. If he misses a pass for example it might not be because it was a bad pass, but because the other player was out of position.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote