View Single Post
Old
11-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea he is invisable for almost this entire season. That's pretty telling.

Appleyard I appreciate your analysis it is good to have but there is a difference just watching on the ice and looking at stats. Gs assist last night was a pass to the point of about 10 feet for example. And he is always late to his man. I've seen it blatantly about 4 times myself. He is, to put it simply, a ineffective player. That you can not argue against with Corsi scores etc
He has been the same for 4 years. He is an average to slightly above average defensive centre who's defence was overhyped early on due to his PK contributions. A lot of people were saying that as early as his 93 point season.

When he had 93 points he also had the most EV GA/60 of any flyers forward (he also had the most for)... part of that was playing the 2nd hardest QoC (his line) but that. In 2010-11 he had the 5th most EV GA/60 (2nd most for.)

Factored:

2010-11: 62 for 46 against
2011-12: 66 for 55 against
2012-13: 60 for 71 against

Hartnells awful play is honestly the main reason that G has looked worse. G and Jake are 'producing' at a similar level to last year and what they were before.

The difference this year is that less shots are going in, (+ Hartnell) that is team wide as well, and more goals against (teamwide last year) so his offensive contributions are not making up for his average D. And the difference in the last two is the team as a whole has not been as good... and scored less goals a game

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote