View Single Post
Old
11-28-2013, 11:19 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
At some point this organization needs to find a better balance, which I believe starts with the GM
Then actually watching the rest of the NHL and see what the winning teams are doing,
Team speed is never ever a bad thing to have, nor are snipers or finishers
The Flyers are stocked on grinders who can find the net, yes you need those types but not Hartnell AND Simmonds, with McGinn and Laughton in the pipeline as well
There are teams who could benefit from Hartnell or Simmer and the Flyers could benefit from finishers, I just hope someone can get this orginization on track, Mr. Hextall I'm looking at you!!!
Well, they tried to model themselves after Boston and getting bigger and stronger was a major factor in Homer's strategy to build this team. At the same time Lavi let them play a style of game that was clearly favouring more mobile players.

Somehow the pieces don't fit together and never have since the last cup run. And the players are actually making things worse by showing tendencies to lean back and watch others play for stretches. And then there is the Captain of this team who cares so much but finds himself guilty of too many giveaways and refuses to back-check on a consistent basis... I understand that many people are talking how young this team is and that they are not expected to contend now but how much time will they get to really show some sustainable progress in their development?

Grinders are not even a bad thing if they know how to grind down the other team. But in orange and black grinder = slow player with hands of stone floating around watching how bad things happen.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote