View Single Post
Old
11-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Malarowski

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Meh...this happened in my game the one before last.

The game is tied 3 - 3 and there's about 2 minutes left...faceoff in our zone and I'm playing wing so I immediately try to jump out to the point to cover my guy. They pass to him, but the centre skates laterally and takes me out knee on knee (I literally go flying, and slide along the ice away from the defenceman). He shoots and they score putting them up 4 - 3 with about a minute or a minute and a half left to go.

I get up, put my hands up and look at the ref and he goes 'don't even start' and just skates away. Pretty frustrating having the game winning goal come from the guy you're skating out to cover when you get interfered with/picked off by a knee on knee. It's not like the ref wouldn't have seen it either since that's where the puck was headed.
Yeah we just had a game where the refs completely swallowed their whistles. Our goalie covered the puck for 15 seconds and nothing. Later I am on my hands and knees and a guy speeds up some 15 feet and just completely drives into me at full speed, again nothing. That's in an 'instructional' nonchecking league. I had to retrieve my stick probably 5 times during the game because somebody rammed into me hard enough for it to go flying 20 ft.

Malarowski is offline   Reply With Quote