View Single Post
Old
01-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Good observations, Singin'...

I too wonder where Holik has gone. Definitely need to swap Barnaby and Kovalev. One, to get Kovalev going offensively and two, to get Holik involved once again. I think a couple hustling shifts from Barnaby on Holik's wing will get him going again.

I meant to post this last night but those are exactly the type of goals Carter scores - hard-working goals. Shame he rarely works hard.

Hlavac is wasting my time. Everytime that guys touches the puck between the goalie and the opposing blue line, he's scared. The kid is afraid to get hit out there. I'm going to say it over and over again. You blow on him and he'll give up the puck, not matter where he is. He'll try to get it back, but it's usually too late.

Strange divvying out of ice time...Carter out there on the PP as much as Leetch. Leetch only out there for about 22...down from 30 in his heyday, but I would think 25 would do for now. And playing against Philly, one would expect Leetch to play more - although perhaps Sather's seeing how awful he is defensively these days.

Further, although Kovalev ain't lighting anything up these days, he's gone from being a top five in minutes per game (22-23), to likely averaging less than 20 and he's been having trouble getting to 20 in my more recent memories.

Well, no Poti for two games and the defense is as pitiful as ever.