Old
01-23-2004, 11:14 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Not really a solid proposal, but with your teams injuries on the blueline, and seeing the Pens are going nowhere, what would you give up for a stopgap or two on the Pens.

Berehowsky (17 pts. in 40 games)
Bergevin (decent 6th D depth guy)
Focht (young physical former 1st rounder- another decmt5/6 guy)
Boileau (7pts. in 16 games)
Karpa

These guys would all be a decent pick up. The reason they are struggling on the Pens is they are being asked to play top line minutes, and they obviously aren't top line guys.
I think they would do much better on a team that could give them a good 13-15 minutes instead of 22-23 minutes per game.
They could fill a role on your team that you desperatley need to stay in the playoff hunt. A stop gap if you will until your others return.

Also, if I were Sather I would look at a guy like Sean Brown who is a SOLID hockey player, yet had injury problems (he is now finally healthy) and was sidelined for awhile. He was awesome for Edmonton and Boston and you could probably get him cheap due to the awesome depth of the Devils and thier plan to stick with the younger guys.

One other question. Why hasn't Tjutin been called up? He is the top prospect and seems to be having a good year in the A. Shouldn't he be promoted for at least a look see, especially given your team is decimated by injuries? What are your D lines right now with the injuries?

Would you give up Lacoture for any of these?
Or a mid level prospect like, Hereema or Falardeau?
What about Dawes if something else was added from the Pens?

Thanks.
Tyutin is hurt.

The Rangers would not bring back Karpa.

The others you mention are no clear upgrade over a Lampman or Nycholat. And at least with those two there is a chance that they improve.