View Single Post
Old
11-29-2013, 12:03 PM
oiLowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
One thing that needs to be factored into the Flames rebuild is that they have accomplished an important part of their rebuild in year 1...continuity of coaching and Management.
They can build this team and incorporate the same system year after year something this incompetent management couldn't figure out since the Oiler rebuild started.

Oiler coaches during the rebuild...Quinn, Renney, Kruger and Eakins.
Oiler GM's....Tambo and MacT.

The Flames can move forward with their Management/Coaches because they already have solid people in place....something the Oilers failed at.
Hartley us an excellent coach and Feaster/Burke is light years ahead of the Lowe/MacT tandem.

The Flames went to school on the circus up the highway and are starting things off right.

Some arrows are already pointed in the right direction for them so I would expect their rebuild to be a lot more efficient.
I couldn't disagree more, the Flames are in a VERY tough position because everyone in Calgary knows Hartley & Feaster are lame ducks and will both be canned within the next two years.

While this might not be the correct direction for their team to take you have to know Burke wants his own people in there and it's only a matter of time before that happens.

I know you have been fairly positive about the Flames direction in the past but I don't think you can disagree they are in a for a bunch of very lean years and will likely still be a lottery in three seasons when "hopefully" the Oilers are icing a competitive squad.

oiLowe is offline   Reply With Quote