View Single Post
Old
01-23-2004, 12:39 PM
HellsBells

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
When will people stop complaining about agitators?

If I had a nickel for everytime someone claimed that a Tootoo, Cooke, Ruutu, Avery, whatever didn't belong in the NHL I wouldn't have a student loan.

Face it people, they're in the league because they're effective at what they do. I saw a clip of the fight, and it didn't seem to me as if Tootoo hit him early. Iginla really should have been ready to go quicker, its not as if Tootoo jumped him gloves off.

What I do have a problem with is TOotoo hitting him when he was down. That is something that should be respected, whatever.

Ultimately, regardless of the score, Tootoo did a damn good job out there. Did he or did he not take the Flames best player off the ice for five minutes? He did. The Preds win that trade any day of the week.
Mountie, I understand what you are saying but you need to know all the facts. Yes, he did take Iginla off the ice but there was only 3-4 minutes left and they were losing 4-0. Surely if he was effective, he would have done this when it mattered. They needed a spark long before 4 minutes left in the 3rd.