View Single Post
Old
01-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
ya know what a 40 year old is gonna do that, but its the job of the 30 years olds and "prime time" players who make the 98% of this teams inflated salaries to play to their level.

The team isn't based around messier, so the fact he is our leading goal scorer is sad.

Wanna find the problem? Looking at the guys on this team born in the 70's who are the supposed leaders.
I'm sorry, I just had to put a few more worthless cents in.....No arguement on any of the supposed "star" players on this sad team and no arguemnt on the need for a 40 year old to slack off now and then...But I was just pointing out that he does and that this is a problem when he gets so much ice doled out to him....

Where I disagree with you is that I think the team is kinda based around Messier and his style and the need to be a vet winner while he is still around, and that Messier is THE LEADER and Captain who has been an utter failure in that role..Just look at the Product on the Ice..yeah, it's mainly Sather's fault, but where's the captain to step in?