View Single Post
Old
01-01-2007, 11:59 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
No love for Benoit Pouliot? He is probably the best natural scorer on the list (faster than Bobby Ryan). I'd pick him on my team for sure, give him a good centre and he can produce. I can see him getting at least 30 goals a season. He is averaging 0.5 goals a game in the AHL (12g in 24gp), which is good for a 20 year old. I'd say about a 30-20 guy, but he is a lot better than Ryder who has those numbers. Maybe a 35-30 guy.

I would also choose Downie because I love a guy like that, someone who does anything to win and also produces (very clutch too). He has the potential to be a Bobby Clarke type player, and if not, definitely a Claude Lemieux, who was as clutch as they come. Drops the gloves and draws penalties by being a pest. I see him being a 20-40 guy also racking up at least a good 100 PIM. But his value is moreso in his ability to break the concentration of the other team.

Being a Canadiens fan I also love Latendresse and he will be something in a few years. He already is going to work out with Komisarek and Higgins, to lose some fat and gain muscle. The kid loves to improve and I also see him taking power skating lessons in the offseason. Look for him to probably at least double his point total next year. I can see him being a 30-30 guy someday.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote