Old
11-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Coots has been much better since he scored his first goal of the season a few games ago. He's using his size very well and just seems much more confident. His line has easily been our best line.

Also, I'm SOOOOO glad we picked up Downie if for no other reason than it gets Rinaldo out of the top 9. Sorry for all those who are in love with him but Rinaldo is just not a good hockey player. The ONLY thing he does well is hit.
And Talbot. This year he was on the 3rd regularly, far more than Rinaldo, and once the team got in the offensive zone they might as well have been down a man while he was on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
Coots is slowly moving up my depth chart to become my favourite player!
He jumped up mine near the top when he got his GAON/60 down to 0.98 in December of his rookie year while he faced hard competition and played in front of a fully melting down Bryzgalov. 0.98 was well, well below everyone else on the team.

Can anyone name an 18 year old who came in and showed such an absurdly high level of defensive ability? I sure can't.

For reference, Bobby Clarke was 22 when he came into the league. Mike Richards and Toews were both 20. Datsyuk was 23. For players to come in as 18 year old rookies, play at that defensive level, and continue it for two more years...it's just not done.

Edit: perhaps Frank Nighbor, who came into the big leagues as a 19 year old in 1913.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 11-29-2013 at 03:57 PM.