View Single Post
Old
01-02-2007, 10:13 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
If you look at the C's avaialable on non contending teams, if you're GM of one of these teams, the only way you move now is if you really love the offer.

Nedved has been available all year and finally Ottawa is desperate enough to make a move. They've whined about 2nd line C forever, longer than we have, so what happens, they lose #'s 1 and 2. they really had no choice. Mtl isn't in add a player roster position right now.

Teams with tradeable assets want futures or young productive players. Gainey would probably want to move Samsonov to make space for anyone he acquired, but who'd want the guy knowing they were on the hook for next year ?

Right now, Ryder seems to be the only realistic player to move in that he makes enough, but is reasonably productive. Keep in mind that as much as you all hate to see Ryder skate himself into a corner, he has more points than Plekanec and Perezhogin combined.

There are so many ifs with any deal. I believe we'd be shocked at how many current NHL players would pass thru waivers right now. Why would a team claim Niniimaa right now ? Maybe at the last second, but now ? Who claims Samsonov ? Maybe Washington, but they don't have what we need.

Personally, I haven't seen anything or thought of anything that works. I still believe that rather than think about getting a C, the org. should think about what C plays with what winger. I'm not sure who would realistically fit between Samsonov and Kovalev and turn them into a top flite line. I love trades as much as the next guy, but let's make sure we're adressing the right problem.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote