View Single Post
Old
11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
SprDaVE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
It is early, but the vast majority of times players in their post draft year's explode offensively. I think we will be having this discussion all year. If Gauthier does not score, he better be the best defensive fwd in the QMJHL this year.
I only watch (live) about one or two Q games a month, especially if a prospect comes to town, but I can easily say he's one of the best defensive forwards in the entire Q. I think it's also safe to say he's one of the better defensive forwards in the CHL.

Perhaps that's not first round material in your mind, and that's fine. I think most, including professional scouts, see the huge potential in Gauthier because of that. His toolbox is all ready very good.

Development will be key for Gauthier's offensive game. Like I said earlier, he's pretty raw with the puck around the net. He started his CHL career later that most, so I'm sure everyone thinks once he fills out and gets additional development that his selection in the top 30 will be warranted.

I definitely agree that his offensive game has to get better by the end of the year though.

I guess I'm optimistic because I really like Gauthier's work ethic on the ice, and that usually means a good work ethic off the ice.