View Single Post
Old
11-30-2013, 10:26 AM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Make sure your skates are custom fitted to your ankle. I went back to skating after almost eight years of not being on the ice and I made the mistake of wearing brand new skates. The wife looked at me and asked, "You SURE you played hockey for ten years?"
hockey is definitely not like riding a bike! I took only 2 years off after Junior and it took me a solid whole year to reaaally get back into it

I went from playing 5 times per week to not playing at all to playing once a week. I felt like every game I had to start over shaking off the rust.

OP I suggest just waiting another month and hit the ice outside as often as you can. then when you feel comfortable go play shinny. Most arenas have at least one slot per week where you can play.
In the west island Pierrefonds 4 glace has the most available ice.
When you get better you should definitely join a league. I play in the DWHL on sundays and its great. Just reaaaaaaaaaaally expensive. As a student I spend most of my savings on gear/fees. But they do have like 10 divisions with different calibers and you can sign up as a free agent or just ask to join someone's team http://dwhl.net/

attachetatuque is offline   Reply With Quote