View Single Post
Old
11-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Dark Passenger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Obviously most of us, read the box scores. I have seen Verhaeghe play, easier to watch OHL games. But most of us have seen them from training camp, and the game here and there in the meantime. I personally don't see the offensive upside in Gauthier, we can agree or disagree in this. It's almost like Joe Colborne. I see some vision, but no finish. He's more of a playmaker than scorer. It was obvious early on in prospects camp Verhaeghe had more top 6 potential.

It is early, but the vast majority of times players in their post draft year's explode offensively. I think we will be having this discussion all year. If Gauthier does not score, he better be the best defensive fwd in the QMJHL this year.
That's not true at all.
Number of examples of players actually regressing in terms of stats post draft year. Thinking back to Kadri, I recall him struggling when going back to junior at the start of the season, but picked it up as season progressed.

Again though, can't always read into a players development or his contribution based on stats and numbers alone. You don't ignore them, but at the same time you can't base everything on stats.