View Single Post
Old
11-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Peter25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
I think it would be safe to say that that Soviet schools were better than 90s youth development
Of course.

Almost all of the best Russian players in the 1990's were products of the Soviet Union. This is why Russia had so much depth in the 1990's compared to today's situation.

Quote:
, but also that KHL is better than 90s adult league
Naturally. Practically all the best Russian players left Russia in the 1990's and there were no foreign players in the Russian league then.

Quote:
USSR > MHL > 90s
I'm still not convinced that Russian development system now is better than what it was in the 1990's and early 2000's. I'm not seeing any new Malkin's or even Radulov's coming out.

But yes, the Soviet development system was superior to the current one.

Quote:
KHL > USSR League > RSL
USSR League > KHL > RSL.

The level of USSR league was ridiculously good. The CSKA was the best hockey club in the world, but other teams were really good as well. Dynamo Moscow, Spartak, Soviet Wings, Khimik, Torpedo, Traktor, SKA, Sokol, Dinamo Riga etc. Remember that these clubs won most the games against the NHL competition even when these games were mostly played in North America.

The USSR league also had fever teams than the KHL, whose level of play has been watered down with expansion.