View Single Post
Old
11-30-2013, 01:03 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
There is a very real conversation going on about whether or not to pay this guy 9mil per season, but he can't be expected to routinely handle 90mph slap shots from 30ft away with no traffic in front?

I guess I was mistaken for holding one of the top goalies in the world up to the standards of an ECHL goaltender.

Hank had more than enough time and information to know roughly where that pick was going, and failed to make a routine stop.

Is that the reason we lost the game? No, but it's the reason that goal was scored.
Have you played goal? What do you mean he had "time and information to know roughly where the puck was going"? He has no idea where the slap shot is going. Like I said, his job, and any goalie's job there is to cover as much of the net as possible and hope the puck hits him. Period. Wrist shot or snap shot and he's got more of a chance. He did get a piece of it, but it went off the inside of his left skate. He didn't even have enough time to get in the butterfly position. The thing that should really be bothering NYR fans about this goal is the lazy ass turnover by Staal with his weak behind the back backhand clear. THAT'S why a goal was scored.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote