View Single Post
Old
01-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Panopticon

vCash: 500
Laakso's WJC is over (I think). Doubled his PIM totals in the USA game (which was one of his better defensive efforts in the tournament until the end).

Other players (and the coach) on his team started taking frustration penalties and they even got a 5+20 for an accidental high stick and they were basically playing the game shorthanded for the last 3 minutes of the game.

Laakso then took a slashing penalty and after Jack Johnson scored the 6-3 goal on the 5 on 3 PP, Laakso broke his stick in the penalty box and threw it on the ice. He first got a misconduct but then he started yelling at the referee and got himself a game misconduct (for abusing the officials) and will not be playing in the placement game. I might be wrong though, but I think that the game misconduct now and the misconduct in the first game mean he's banned for one game.

Stupid, yes, but the guy played one of his better games and looked enthusiastic and he was probably really frustrated that the game (and at the same time, pretty much the whole tournament for him) was decided like that (on 5-3 PPs).