Old
11-30-2013, 08:37 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Drafting a center is an absolute must IMO. Unless someone obvious is on the board, but we really need a center. Right now I've got my eyes on Leon Draisatl. Really impressed me at this past World Juniors. Tyson Baillie is another one who caught my eye during the WHL playoffs. Plays a lot like Ryan Callahan.
I disagree.

Now let's be realistic. Edmonton never trades their first or second overall picks.

Now... Let's dream of a magical world where Mac-T has a brain while at the same time pretending that drafting top 5 every year is going to work out.

We've got Ekblad, Nurse, Klefbom, Petry and Justin Schultz.

Let's trade Petry and one of Hall, Eberle or Yakupov for a REAL first #1 d-man. Well let's pretend it's available. That's what it would cost.

So now we've got our blueline taken care of IMO.

We've got that #1 guy and Ference for vets to mentor the kids. The kids wouldn't drown in Edmonton if we had a real #1 guy to mentor them.

Now we trade one of Hall, Eberle or Yakupov for a REALLY awesome overall #2 center and a really good checking line winger. Maybe Edmonton throws a prospect in to even things up.

Now we're looking good down the middle and we've got an open space on each wing on our first three lines.

Trade Gagner for a good 3rd line winger.

Sign Jagr to a 2 year 6M contract to play on the second line. I bet he'd rub off well given his experience. I know the term is long given his age and the price is a little higher than it should be, but he's done it all.

Lastly we have an open spot on our first line. Be it the left wing or the right wing. We need to sign a Burrows kinda guy. Someone who can play lots of minutes responsibly at both ends. Someone who'll go to the front of the net and bang in the corners. He doesn't need to be a legit top 6 player. Just someone that's going to bring sandpaper to our first line.

I think we've got a real hockey team now. But this is a dream world.

Hall/Sandpaper guy- Hopkins - Eberle/Yak/Sand paper guy
Perron-New #2 center- Jagr
Gagner trade - Gordon - guy came with #2 center
Gazdic-Lander-Pitlick

New guy- Schultz
Ference-Nurse
Klefbom-Ekblad

That's a hockey team. But it won't happen. BEcause Mac-T doesn't care.