View Single Post
Old
01-23-2004, 04:12 PM
HellsBells

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
If I'm the Predators I put Tootoo out on the very first shift Iginla has, it's win-win for Nashville, even if Iggy kicks his ass, he's off for 5, if Iginla does nothing Tootoo will question his manhood the entire game, the worse case for the flames is a repeat of last nights fight, all of these are good things for Nashville, and shows what a good job Tootoo is doing.
Iginla is certainly not paid to fight so why question his manhood if he doesn't go after Tootoo. Somone else will go after Tootoo....my guess is Chris Clark.

BES is right, Iginla should not be fighting boderline NHLers like Tootoo anyway. Clearly he was agitated. I feel that the Preds fans are exaggerating just a bit when they talk about the fight. Nobody got a beatdown, nobody got whooped, nobody got there head beat in. It was a fair fight until Tootoo threw him to the ice and smoked him. The hand-wipe just shows how bush league Tootoo is. I thought he may have matured since joining the NHL ranks but he obviously didn't.

On the other hand, I was really impressed with Kobasew. Answering the bell against Scott Walker is pretty impressive IMO. He faired quite well for his 1st fight.

I can't wait until these teams play again. I just hope Nashvile doesn't tank so it will be a meaningful game for both teams.