View Single Post
Old
11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
First, a skinny kid like Ghost is only going to gain so much weight so quickly as he fills out. He probably won't get his man build until he's 24.

I disagree with your premise re: weights, nutrition. You can't do much better than a top athletic program at college, vs. a trainer in the AHL.

More importantly, the reason all players at the NHL level lose weight and muscle mass during the season is that there is no time to lift, and you're too tired from playing so many games to do any real lifting in between. The sophistication might be there, but not the time or the energy.

That said, hockey competition is more important than weightlifting. If he really is the best player in college hockey, as the opposition coach recently said, he might be ready for the next step. But if he decides to play another year at Union, it won't be problem for me.

He's going to be an NHL player in the next couple years so patience is in order.
I'm pretty sure the bulk of the games played in the AHL are on the weekends like the CHL.