View Single Post
Old
12-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
True, I remember his first WJC I was all "bleh". He was in Barrie +2 after his draft though, his polished junior game was solid.
I really liked his play in the WJC he wasn't super polished and made the kind of mistakes you'd expect of someone his age, but the talent was so apparent. I remember being one of the few people on this board who talked about dangling Eberle for him post WJC heroics, when everyone loved him. I bet everyone on this board would do that trade now.

Shea Weber to me is the defenseman who came out of nowhere I remember watching him and thought he could be a 2nd pairing defenseman tops if he kept doing the right things and I didn't see huge offensive upside, to me he is pretty comparable to Scott Harrington and I actually think I liked Harringtons play in junior a bit more, then all of sudden bam he's just a stud out there and one of the best D in the league.

I know everyone on here is crazy about Ekblad for the most part, I haven't seen enough of the top guys to really comment but when I watched Reinhart aswell as Draisaitl they both impressed me quite a bit. I don't want to grab another forward given our present roster, but we are just better at picking skilled players, we have to atleast examine trading one of our young skill players for an established mid-20's D and then possibly snatching up another skill guy. D take so long to mature, beyond the rare one or two exceptions we are in store for a lot more sucking if we look to prospect D to fix our defensive issues.

Last edited by Burnt Biscuits: 12-01-2013 at 05:45 AM.