View Single Post
Old
12-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
Gelinas has really added an offensive dimension to this defence that has really been lacking. We resigned Zidlicky and Harrold because they were looked to for this. Seeing the team with Merrill back there last night made me really think that the expendable guys on D really are Zidlicky and Harrold.

I doubt that Harrold would fetch us much but the Islanders are looking for D and I'd move him for a 4th rounder just to create some space. Teams will be looking for an offensive D man and we should be able to secure a 2nd rounder for Zids but hat's a deal that more likely gets made closer to the deadline. Gelinas adds some toughness to the D without the common penalties and defensive lapses from Zidlicky.

Volch has been pretty good and was solid last night. besides, no on will take that cntract. Could see the 7 d being Greene, Volch, Sal, Larsson, Gelinas, Fayne, and Harrold/Merrill.
Merrill should not stay this year.

When all is healthy, Greene, Gelinas, and Zidlicky will give us enough offense spread over three pairings. Merrill is still very raw, and needs more time to develop. If we rush him now, I think we're going to run into the same problem we had with Larsson after his rookie year, and have to refocus on defense.