View Single Post
Old
12-01-2013, 01:07 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Putting Nash on Stepan's wing opens up a TON of space for Stepan to make plays with the puck. As much as I like Zuccarello, Nash is 10x the player he is. Stepan is the better than Richards at this point, so he's earned the right to play with our best winger - I love what AV has done thus far, for the most part, but I don't know why he didn't put these players together earlier. Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello was a decent line, but it always made more sense to put Nash on that line, when healthy.
That line was one of our best lines in terms of play since the Jagr line, if not the best, for a while. They just couldn't finish. Putting Nash on a different line made sense. When he came back the Rangers had 2 lines rolling. It made sense to make 3 dangerous lines. Later the Richards line fell of a cliff, but the Kreider-Stepan-Zucc line was still decent enough. It's just sometimes dangerous to put all of your best players on one line. However, if that line is consistent it's better than what we saw before yesterday's game. 1 good line is better than none. That said, it's still not the Cash line or something that had 3 all star caliber players. Nash is the only borderline superstar on that line. So I see that line going through slumps too. That said Stepan and Nash was our best combo last year and Kreider is better than anyone we had at wing last year including Gaborik.