View Single Post
Old
01-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
I don't see anything wrong with being proud of a rookie that stands up for himself. This kind of thing can be a breakthrough in a young player's career. He clearly lost the fight but what did Walker prove ??

I taped the game because I thought there would be some Iggy / Vokoun action. I am watching the Kobasew / Walker fight right now. It was a late hit but certainly not from behind. Walker needs to chill if that is what he was so worked up over.
Trggr I would advise adding Garfield to the ignore list. He trolled our boards all last night, and he continues to spew bs on the main forums.

None of us defended Stevenson......He got pummeled. Like Kobasew, He did fight though. Unlike Kobasew, though, He did not tackle a guy from behind. Kobasew started the fight, and dropped the gloves against two players last night (Hamhuis and Walker). He isn't Mr. Innocent. He was calling for a fight all night long, and when he finally got it, he was beaten.....what do you want for him? A purple heart?

There is something to be said for stupidity and courage......they don't have to go hand in hand...

As for what did Walker prove....He proved he wasn't going to let a rookie illegally pull him down to the ice and get away with it, with nothing to show for it. I ask you......what did Kobasew prove, other than the fact that he was enormously stupid in both the play leading up to the fight.....and actually carrying out the fight with Walker.....