View Single Post
Old
12-01-2013, 02:22 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
As far as Leino goes, if OJ is a risk in the top 6, Leino would be a huge risk. I would rather see JMA in Sochi, and that's a lot coming from me. Who would Leino even replace to begin with? He would need to be in a scoring role. OJ with Leino doesn't sound good, and I think he's too much of an artist to play with M. Koivu.
Leino has actually been picking it up after the change in the Sabres management. But in a sense, that just underlines the risk he might be. He's obviously a very high maintenance player - even higher than OJ - and only thrives under very specific circumstances.

With no previous experiences, whether Erkka would be able to provide such an environment for him or not would be anybody's guess. In other words, a huge gamble.

He should have no room in an all-healthy best twelve, but he is a player bit akin to Granlund. If MiG's injury troubles persist, he probably is one of the more prominent replacements. Also, Erkka might be forced to realize that Selšnne might not cut it if his far-too-obvious-to-ignore slump persists. All this talk about Armia, Haula and Rajala is an entertaining sideshow, but the odds are Leino becomes an option before any of them.