Old
12-01-2013, 05:42 PM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to WhatJustHappened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Should the CBC pay $5.2B to broadcast hockey?

The CBC can become relevant now that it's no longer a wh*ore to NHL hockey.

It can now embark on new well written Canadian projects, news, investigative journalism, things Canadians should want from a public broadcaster.
Umm you do know that because of this the CBC has even less money now to create anything as since Jean Chretian the Canadian government has been reducing the amount of money the CBC gets from them.

Also I could careless for the CBC I just included them in my point for their sake.

My issue and the issue of every Canadian should lie with the fact that our tax dollars pay for a government agency that is controlled by the same companies that they regulate.

Are you fine with Rogers controlling hockey, mlb, UFC, print/tv/radio media? Are you fine that there is collusion in pricing (what the **** kind of competitor is there when they ALL have the same pricing)? Are you fine with the 3 companies saying there is a government issued fee contrary to what their regulating body has stated countless times?

Sorry I don't want to live in a society that allows telecom companies to control what I see, read or listen to. Sorry if I don't want to live in a society that gets nickel and dimes for everything (I thought lawyers were bad for charging someone for sending them a document to sign).
I guess you are ok with Rogers monopolizing media.

WhatJustHappened is offline   Reply With Quote