View Single Post
Old
01-03-2007, 10:50 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

vCash: 500
Can Chipper play LW ?

After reading a few of you guys, it confirm some thoughts I had about our situation at center.

We have dept in the checking department with Pleks, Bonk, Chipper, Lapierre. So our 3rd and 4th lines are well centered. Our problem is moreso top quality centers for our first two lines even if we have Koivu and Kovy in a pinch. My point is that the laters are coming of have and the only *real* prospect we have is Grabovski. Mathieu Aubin is to be considered but he's more a long-term prospect.

At every stab I take to figure our lines with a bonified 2nd line center , the result is Ryder and Pleks as healthy scratches. In Pleks case I just keep banging my head since he is an asset in the lineup.

And with Bonk playing stellar, I say - with a young team - it might be essential to keep him with the team next year. Chipper could learn a lot from Bonk.

Which brings me to consider:
Hg - Ku - Lt
Pz - Pk - Kv
Cc - Bk - Jh
Bg - Lp - {St - Mu - Dw - Fr - Mr}

So my plan is to keep Pleks on the second line, since we do not have a farm prospect ready and we do not fair well on the UFA market. Once Chipper is ready, we dump Bonk, and Pleks can go center the 3rd line.

And yes I am assuming Chipper be NHL ready next year, Perezhogin isn't used as trade bait, Grabo and Kost don't make the team because they flake out

OK, so how nuts am I?

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote