View Single Post
Old
12-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
He's a good two-way player, but he's much more of a playmaker than finisher, and with the lack of finishers around, can't expect him to dominate offensively.

It's true that he hasn't been an offensive dynamo, but nobody expected that from him. He was the playoff MVP because he went red-hot in the Spring, but it's not the kind of offensive production that we should reasonably expect from him. He's still on pace as a good two-way third line center. I think he'll be ready at some point in 2014.

Richards has a cap hit of $6.67, whereas Lindberg is at $0.67, so that will save us exactly $6. The money would be used to give raises to Callahan, Girardi, Stralman and Lundqvist.

I wish that over the summer we'd trade Brassard plus either Zuccarello (replaced by Fast or Kristo) or Del Zotto (replaced by McIlrath or Allen).
Gotta say I admire your hockey acumen, thanks for the detailed updates as always.

I totally agree with you, Brassard being on a team's top 6 means that team is losing. Too indifferent of a player to contribute consistently. I also think Richards is bought out, can't have the re-capture penalty and a coach killer wearing an A if he isn't providing star level production.

After seeing the patchwork line of 62-28-36 yesterday, the more and more I get the feeling that one of Lindberg/Miller comes and takes the 3rd line center spot this season. Needless to say I think the Ranger roster will look different after the holiday trade freeze.

Future moves: Buyout Richards, Trade Brass, one of DZ/Moore (whichever brings more value to the Rangers), upgrade Zucc and Dorsett's spots with bigger skilled guy (def thinking Kristo), bigger tough guy (trade).

McIlrath takes D spot. I think the moves will happen sooner rather than later.