View Single Post
Old
12-02-2013, 01:17 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yea, Im trying to get tickets for us for the Dec. 15th game. Hope they continue that on the schedules going forward.

I knew my wife since high school, so we went to the first SJU/'Cuse game our freshman year at the Garden in early 2001. Omar Cook's only year at SJU. Great game, 'Cuse won in double OT. It was all downhill from there in terms of a "rivalry." SJU's slide got a brief reprieve with Marcus Hatten, then 'Cuse won it all in 2003 -- had to go through all sorts of ribbing after that one. Then, as I was getting ready to graduate in 2004, the "Pittsburgh incident" as it was called around campus occurred and set the team back a number of years. Liked the Lavin hire though, hope they can excel in what is still a very competitive Big East.
I usually get tickets whenever 'Cuse plays St. John's at the Garden, but I'll be out of town this year. Should be a good game.

The rivalry has definitely been one-sided in recent years, although some games have been close. I liked Lavin when he coached UCLA and he's done a good job with SJU so far. D'Angelo Harrison is a solid player although he has his fair share of issues. I think St. John's will have some success in the "new" Big East.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote