View Single Post
Old
01-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
"It's frustrating, very frustrating," center Brad Richards said. "I'm as much at a loss for words as anybody. I don't have the answer."

"We have to keep attacking the problem and some of the mistakes we make and get better as a club," coach John Tortorella said. "It comes down to big plays at key times, good and bad. That's how you win hockey games."

"I thought I would surprise him by going to the blocker side," Lecavalier said of Huet. "He made a pretty good save, but I wish I had gone top glove. It's easy to say now."

"We are in a good spot going into the third period and we have a chance to score, and we don't get the lead on the breakaway," Lightning coach John Tortorella said. "Then we get beat out of the corner, and they score the third goal. We still have some work to do on details in trying to find our way to get some consistency here."

"It's the worst," center Brad Richards said. "There are only so many phrases to come up with. We all know the cliches and we seem to keep using them. We have to simply find a way to get some consistency in our game. Those of us who have been here know what the coaches want us to do. We just have to get it done."

"It's the same old story, we are in it and kind of let it slip, this time halfway through the third period," defenseman Dan Boyle said. "It seems like it has been two years now for the guys who were here last year. It seems to be the same. We just can't seem to get going. It's very frustrating."
Just a few interesting quotes from players after the last game. Seems like us fans aren't the only ones who know something is wrong in Tampa.

I bolded that quote from Torts. 40 games in and you're still looking for consistency? It's a little late for that coach. If you can't have your players in form by this point of the season, you won't ever have them there. Yet another reason he needs to be fired.