View Single Post
Old
12-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think I would prefer having MDZ playing LD and trading John Moore than the reverse.Staal for Faulk? Even though Faulk is younger and cheaper, I still believe Staal is the much better player. Even though he isn't getting the top assignments, we are talking about a player who can completely neutralize Alexander Ovechkin. The only reason I would even consider this is that Staal is going to be UFA after next season and Faulk is a RFA this season. Staal might leave for Carolina anyways but definitely, I want to see more.

Jordan Staal (I would say solid 2C) got #8 overall, Brandon Sutter, and a d prospect. M.Staal is a top pairing capable player and should have comparable trade value as his brother. McD just has come so far it's frankly even surprising that trading M.Staal would seriously come it. I thought he'd be a mainstay for the blueshirts.
At this point I agree with you--I like J Moore, but I think Del Zotto is a higher reward player (who will give me a few more gray hairs than Moore).

Also, remember on thing about the idea of Staal being set on wanting to play with his brothers in Carolina--unlike Eric and Jordan, Marc does not have a Stanley Cup ring. While I'm sure he'd love to have the experience of being on the same NHL team with them, I doubt it trumps the desire to win a Stanley Cup. And I think he has a better chance of winning on here than in Carolina.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote