View Single Post
Old
12-02-2013, 08:33 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I just wanted to add this for EVERYONES sake. Purely offensive dman like Buff are not nearly as sought after nor are as valuable in a trade as many people here seem to think. Souray was equal in every way to Buff and he was bought out. Even when he actually was traded he didn't return anything close to what is being asked for in this and the many other threads.

The fact is that Buff, Yandle and Edler have all been quietly shopped for the last 2 years. 2 FREAKING YEARS!!!! I'm sure teams have inquired about acquiring them but NONE have been moved. All 3 have been rumored to be going to Philly along with a plethora of other teams and guess what, they are still with their original team.

I've some attempts at throwing out phrases like"supply and demand" to justify the exorbitant asking price for Buff but that's a failure in truly understanding of said principle. The reality is that the supply of like minded dman is 3 (Buff, KY and Edler) and the demand is zero (none have been traded).

You can sit there and say "It's going to cost you Couturier, Morin and a 1st for Buff" all you want but you are completely clueless if you think that's what he's worth. No team is going to offer that much for him hence he's still on your team.

I'll try and put it into perspective for you. Chris Pronger, a future HOF player, who when traded immediately LEAD his new team the the Cup finals, was traded to Philly for Lupul, Sbissa, and a 1st. If you asked any TO fans I think they'd gladly trade Lupul for Couturier. Ask most Duck fans and I think they'd trade Sbissa for Morin. If you honestly believe that you could get Couturier + Morin + a 1st (equal or better than what Pronger returned) then you have no clue about this game, the history of trades, nor ACTUAL player values and it's pointless to discuss it any further with you.
This post is full of so much fail…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
This is a very valid point. Some of the proposals on here are downright insane. Dustin Byfuglien, Keith Yandle and Alex Edler will not fetch the type of return Chris Pronger warranted (nor should they). That said, I disagree a bit with your point about Yandle and Byfuglien being passed on by the Flyers, based on their lack of value. Both are players that would help the Flyers tremendously. The issue is most likely that both teams are looking for an extreme return - a price the Flyers are not willing to pay.
Pronger was 35 had 1 year left on his contract and it looked like the Ducks owner might be heading to jail...

BTW it was Lupul (who is good and was good), Sbisa (who was highly touted), and 2x 1st rounder

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote