Thread: Post-Game Talk: Mon., Dec. 2, 2013| Flyers 0 at Wild 2
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I don't want to speak for everyone, but I don't really think that's our problem with them. For me, it's that they both make such horrible decisions with the puck in the form of bad passes and turnovers that hurt the team constantly. They're never going to be snipers but they're also not getting the dirty goals either. I can't even count how many up-close empty nets they've missed this season. I know I keep saying this but Hartnell is single handedly (but with increasing help from Jake every game) killing the first line and Giroux's production.
That's my point. I'm on record of this before, but I've never been a big fan of Hartnell because he doesn't contribute anything outside of goals even when he was scoring them.

My point is that Hartnell has always been this bad or at least not all that good outside of his specialty areas so this is nothing new. It's just that he's not scoring many goals so that lack of use outside of goal scoring is more evident and more of a problem. Our offense also isn't potent enough to help Hartnell or Simmonds do their thing since their thing revolves around burying goals.

Maybe it's just me though.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote