View Single Post
Old
01-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
Jagr will not make this team better. He adds to the cancer that has plaqued this team for practically the last decade. Jagr will not win us the stanley cup. In less than two years we will be looking to dump him and there will be NO bites.

Look back in the archives. EVERYONE (including me) said Bure was a steal. Not a good bargin but a STEAL (because we didn't give up York basically). We will be regretting this trade.

Jar Jar look at teams that are good as a model of success. What they (devils, avs, sens, wings) do, keep a core of guys and build a team, is the way to run a successful team. We are obviously the model of failure. We consistantly prove that you can't buy a stanley cup. We consistantly prove that the concept of a team in hockey is debatably more essential than in any sport. This deal is just a typical ranger move. I dont care if Jagr scores a million goals, Im sick of this BS.
if your sick of it i understand, but the rangers didn't give up anything to get jagr. are the rangers improved? yes. would the rangers have been able to move carter for anybody close to as talented as jagr? no. no prosects or picks were given up.