Thread: Value of: Byfuglien to Philly
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2013, 01:19 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
In terms of all the defensemen in the Winnipeg Jets organization alone, Dustin Byfuglien is the number 5 defenseman I'd want to trade for. Meaning, there are at least four other defensemen in that organization alone that I'd prefer to have over Byfuglien: Bogosian, Morrissey, Trouba, Enstrom, (Although this isn't to say any of them would be available).
Yeah... I really don't want Buff anywhere near the Flyers, Hell to the No.
I think your sentiments are shared by many, which may be why it might make more sense for the Jets to trade Bogosian.
Of the Jets top 3 RHD:
Byfuglien has top 10 potential and is playing that way right now. Despite all his risks, he is very strong and creative defensively and, offensively, absolutely dominant. He could carry a team on the verge right through the playoffs.
Bogosian has top 30 potential (i.e. solid first pairing but never in the Norris conversation), all the requisite physical assets, but injuries and a sub-Norris hockey IQ will prevent him from being elite.
Trouba is a franchise player and, IF he stays healthy, will be the best of the 3.

Byfuglien is undervalued around the league, Bogo is slightly overvalued and Trouba is… unbelievable.
We can't keep all 3 on the right side, so either Trouba switches to LHD or one of Buff or Bogo is expendable.
But be careful who you choose...

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote