View Single Post
Old
12-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'm coming to a point of making peace with the fact that the present group is mediocre and will remain mediocre until something happens. That something could be the arrival of a legitimate top-pairing two-way defenseman (our hopes are pinned on years-away Morin, Hagg and Gostisbehere), the emergence of the potential of several of the younger forwards at once, or a major trade.

At present, I'd roll with the following lines:
Lecavalier Giroux Voracek
Downie Couturier Read
Hartnell Schenn Simmonds
Raffl Hall Rinaldo
I think the best thing that can be done now is to stack the 1st line and shelter the 3rd. The Couturier line is right now our best denfensively and best offensively. It is our first line, and it shouldn't be.

We need to roll a top line for 20 minutes, a 2nd line for 20, 3rd for 12, 4th for 8 kind of setup.

No one wants to put Hartnell and Simmonds on the same line, let alone with Schenn, but if you play the matchup game and give them as many offensive zone starts as possible it might help.

That's a line that can forecheck and if they can win the faceoff (a big if with Schenn at this point) they can be a good line. I'll live with that line getting pinned in their own zone a couple times a game if they can repeat the favor, and if it gives us at least 2 good other lines.

Right now we're a 1 line team and it's our friggin checking line.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote