View Single Post
Old
12-03-2013, 10:31 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I agree with the general sentiment here. I'm not one of those people who crow during the power play and yell SHOOT the whole game, but this team is really painful at times with the amount of passes they try to fit in before taking a shot. I am all for puck movement but at times it's beyond bad.

Not shooting and missed shots, as stated in here, are my 2 main catalysts of lack of offensive production. There are times the Flyers have a team pinned in their own zone for minutes at a time and probably register only a shot, maybe 2, before the puck is cleared.

Missed shots are totally annoying. It's not that they are being blocked, it's that they just completely miss. I forget who the Flyers were playing, but after a period, during the stat recap, the Flyers were outshooting the opponent in SOG, but also were outshooting them in missed shots. It was something crazy, like 18-3 in missed shots. Granted, there is probably human calculation error in there, but for outshooting the other team by 3 or 4 and having that disparity in missed shots... it was alarming.